Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On animals

Wynne Clive, "Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat: Why It's So Hard to Think Straight About Animals." Our conflict relationship with animals

I think some people become involved in social movements because of personal experiences with friends, family members, associates, etc. Others don't become involved in these movement because it doesn't mean much to them because they haven't really experienced it, or know someone who has. If knew someone who had cancer, it would make more want to join a cancer movement even more because of that person. However, if I didn't know anyone who had cancer, I'm not saying I wouldn't join the movement but I would be less encouraged to join. Having that experience with someone who has cancer is the extra push that would make me join the movement.

No comments: