Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nature Literacy

I would say that my generation has to definitely be less literate than previous generations. My generation is very advanced and caught up with technology. Today, we rely heavily technology in our every day lives. We wake up by an alarm clock. We used electric toothbrushes. We drive cars to work. We have smart phones that we use to text all day, receive emails, and plan out our weeks. Almost every kid has some form of video game that they play endlessly throughout the day. My generation does not do what the older generations do, which is play outside. My generation does play outside, however it is less then before. The older generations always played outside and therefore interacted more with nature and knew more about it. I define nature literacy by not only knowledge of nature, but also of experience with nature. Just walking around and exploring can teach someone a lot about nature.

No comments: