Monday, November 17, 2008

Actions of Equality

Original Post: “I am not a feminist. The reason is simple: Men and women are different, there are certain things women can never do and certain things men can never do. Society has to understand that, more importantly feminists have to. At the same time I don't think that it is right to disrespect women. Women should have a respectable place in society. Society should respect women in positions of power, if they are capable of it.In America, the Judicial system has a number of laws to protect women. In many parts of the world women are treated brutally, i think that is wrong. No one should ever be treated brutally.At the same time, I think feminists are very prejudicial against men. They end up men bashing most of the time. For the above reasons, I would never call myself a feminist but I would say I am a humanitarian.”

I don’t agree with this because it is obvious that there are certain things like biological things that men can’t do that women can, like giving birth, but that is not what society is separating men and women by. They separate men and women by things like occupation and social rankings. “I think feminists are very prejudicial against men.” Feminist are not prejudicial against men, but rather on what certain men do. It’s not the thought of things that make something good or bad, but is the action that is taken. They also are not only against men but rather people, groups, and organizations, that treat women unfairly.

No comments: