Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nick Cooney

During the reading of the year I have come to some thought that I know what is going on with farm animals. I knew they were getting abused and to me I truly felt bad for them. Yet it did not really give me a huge push to stop eating animals. This to me was survival of the fittest, and we as humans are more fit. Is this ethical and moral, MANY would disagree. The biggest thing that struck me about his presentation was the fact that in our farming and need for meat we are killing ourselves through the environment. This I cannot stand for. The focus has always been on gas and sucking the planet dry but our farming of animals is now the number 1 contributor to our global warming problem. On top of this the feed that is used to raise live stock could feed over 100 million people. This silent companies has been running things in the shadows anyway they feel like it and because of so their greed and the out demand for meat they are killing use. Another problem is find is the constant abuse we put on these animals is not necessary. if we were to have less live stock and treat them a little more humanly the millions of animals that die before slaughter can be avoided and pollutants will go down by a little.

No comments: