Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nick Cooney

This presentation on factory farming provided me with a totally new outlook on the way Americans interact with animals. Prior to the this, I was knew that factory farming was not a good thing, but I had no details on how or why. Nick Cooney not only told us, but showed us. Seeing the young cows suffer in the gestation crates, or the chickens packed so close together their feathers fell off really shocked me. Seeing this helped me understand the ruthlessness of major corporations. Another really interesting fact was how much factory farming contributes to global warming. I have never even heard of this in my life and think its really important that he's informing young students of this. 51% of green house gasses are from factory farms, this will defiantly impact my future food choices. But the most important thing I think he said was everyone can vote with their fork. And thats so true. This is entire slaughter fest is all fueled by the money in our pockets. We don't need the government to change, we need our diets to change. This made me feel really empowered and I will defiantly avoid factory farm products in the future.

No comments: