Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nick Cooney's Presentation

I thought Mr. Cooney's presentation to be very informative. It really had all the things you needed to understand and know about Factory Farming without any of the gruesome videos or pictures that usually get shown at these types of presentations. When he mentioned Global Warming as a byproduct, it didn't come as a surprise to me... since industrial sized factories use a lot of fossil fuels. But when he broke out the numbers and statistics, my mind was blown. We spend so much time trying to lower automobile emission, when it's nothing compared to the amount that the food industry makes. This was astounding to hear and I couldn't help but wonder (probably like everyone else in the class). Why didn't I know about this? Nick Cooney's did a great job answering everyone's questions as best as he could and the pictures and comparison graphs really put things into perspective.

No comments: