Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vegetarianism

I thought Nick Cooney's presentation was most interesting when he discussed the laws in various states that outlaw different forms of cruelty. I found it interesting which states outlawed certain practices, and was suprised by the fact that not more states outlawed them. I wonder why these particular states had more people who were educated on the specifics of animal cruelty, and why more states are not more educated. I also wonder now why these laws haven't been put into national affect. Is it only uneducated people that are keeping them from passing or are there a lot of companies in other states that use these practices and thus prevent lawmakers from passing these policies? I'm curious to know if the states which passed laws like this have less meat companies and if there are more vegetarians that reside in them.

No comments: