Monday, October 27, 2008

Why I am a feminist

According to answers.com feminism is the belief in social, political and economic equality of the sexes. I think that I am a feminist to a certain extent. I do know that there is some inequality between the sexes that I do not think is fair. But I am not bitter. I feel like some of today’s feminist are bitter a blame men for all their problems. I do not think that every man I meet is a sexist and I feel like some feminist think that way. I believe that everyone should be treated as equal. I think that today things have gotten so much better than what it used to be. Before women did not have the right to vote and were mostly secretaries in the work world. I could see why there was need for a movement. But today women are in high power jobs and a woman ran for president. I think that women should be able to provide for themselves instead of thinking that men have to provide for them. I think that there is still a problem with making women in to sex objects and not as human in the media. Other than that and the equal pay problem I think things are better.
http://www.answers.com/topic/feminism

No comments: