Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why I am NOT a Feminist

http://folk.uio.no/thomas/po/whatisfeminism.html

Feminism as defined in the website above is the statement that women have not been treated the same as men. This goes to say, “not only by law but also by the philosophical and social equality in day-to-day life.” This quote is something that I think depends on if a person believes this or not. I personally think of myself as not a feminist. I believe and think that women are not treated differently than men. I have always had respect toward women, and I have never thought that women couldn’t do things that men could.
I have joked around with friends whom were girls by saying things that might make it seem as if it would be feminist. Being feminist would mean that I would have to honestly think that women are not as good as men. Meaning, if a woman doctor and a male doctor both specializing in brain surgery, the woman doctor would not be capable to perform the surgery as well as the male surgeon would. Also, even in politics women are treated the same this year Hilary Clinton ran for presidency, and had both votes from men and women. In my personal experience women are more than capable to do everything that a man can do.

Olsian Goxhaj

No comments: