Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why I Am Not A Feminist

According to Merriam-Webster on http://mw1.m-w.com/dictionary/feminism the definition of feminism is:
1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2
: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests.

The reason why I am not a feminist is that I believe men and women are different. I do not think there is anyway to avoid that. People that do feel like men and women should be equal are right but the reality is that they will always be different. Men and women have different interests and skills. For example, I know more females that are good at one thing that most men can't do and I know males that can do something that most females are not too good at. Though, there are few that are exceptions to this, the whole point is that they are exceptions. I think that anybody can do anything as long as they are determined to do so. There are just different probabilities that a person of a certain gender will do something that their gender is not known for doing. I do believe that men and women should have equal opportunities and I think that they do. In the past I think that women were discriminated against and they did need to work harder to get the same things that men got but in the present day things are different. I could be wrong because I am a male and do not see things as a female would but this is just my opinion.

No comments: