Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog 1 "Third Place"

Philadelphia has been my home for ten years, I feel some times that my birthplace of Nadvirna in Ukraine has a deeper place in my heart. I miss it. But I love America and that keeps me going. In my ten years here the number of third places are countless it just matters were I am located and there will be a non home and non work place. Temple only has one third place so far that I like to go to and just eat my lunch. In the student center complex, near the book store it is busy but quit at the same time and I can just relax. My behaviors changes at this third place, comes me and at the same time seeing all those students buying books and being busy makes me think of what I have to do. I become more focused that I am in college and this is not a joke.

A curvy road lead me down a steep hill with cars almost kissing, in the forest 15 minutes away from my house in Penny pack park to my third place. I come here to think to run away from life and understand what is happening to me. This place is not home or work you cannot buy anything here, this is the public park, but you will not see people in this part of the forest. A railroad runs through the forest and I walk on the tracks. As far as I can see the tracks still keep going straight. The thought of all the sweet and blood that was put into making the rail road makes me think everything comes with a price. That track was made probably one hundred years ago and now I have the opportunity to walk upon them. Then sometimes you feel the track vibrating, and a loud noise is heard, a train is coming. You run for your life, the ground shacks. As I am so close to dead, I understand how a live I am and smile into the faces of my problems and realize that life is just getting better and I have nothing to worry about. I just have to push myself to succeed. The rumbling stops and I become a changed person with my next step as my new beginning.

No comments: