Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The third place I dont have

I don't have a third place in Philadelphia or on Temple campus because I am not able to afford housing. The time I spend at Temple is often spent in class, and then wandering with all of my stuff, places on campus to do my homework or read things in the library for class or myself. I guess my third place is a non-place because I am always moving around, doing work, looking for a place to stay. I also move around a lot to find places to eat, as I also do not have a meal plan. I go home on the weekends to work for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, during which I have little time to do anything for myself. Rarely I will find the time to photograph between classes or work shifts at home. Maybe my third place is a state of exhaustion. Whatever my third place is, it does not affect my behavior at all. I am dedicated to everything with which I am involved, regardless of where I am or what I have to do. It is rather hard to carry all of the equipment I do and large paintings and other artworks around, but it is just something I have to do. I guess also the fact that I dont really like to talk to people, socialize, or interact, basically eliminates any purpose of a third place in my life.

No comments: