Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Robert Logan : Third Place

A third place that I have on campus is the gym or the Pavillion. This is where I go if ive had a rough day or if I just want to get a good workout in. I go there to play basketball most of the time. This is considered a third place because there isnt a certain criteria that would prevent yu from going there. On page 105 Oldenburg says that a third place "upon an uban landscape increasingly hostle to and devoid of informal gathering places one may encounter people rather pathetically trying to find some spot in which to relax and enjoy each others company". That is true about the Pavillion because you will come across people who are just there to relax and be in the company of others. The Pavillion affects my behavior by calming me down and relieving stress from classes or other outside stigmas.

No comments: