Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Third Place

Temple and the city of Philadelphia itself offer endless amounts of "third places". The third place I visit most would have to be the student pavilion where I go to work out and play basketball. I do not have to have a certain time frame nor do I have to see if one of my friends wants to go with me because, I know there will be others there so, thus always opportunities to play. I go here not only to play basketball but, also as a place where i can get away from the daily stress of being a student and catch some relief. When i am playing ball I can lose myself in the moment sort of speak. The student pavilion I can definitely say keeps me sane. If I had all this stress and was working all day with out any relief I would definitely be a a lot more agitated, grumpy, stressed etc. Playing basketball keeps me balanced and keeps my mind at ease. Third places like these are essential, I think, for getting through my everyday routines successfully without feeling overwhelmed or like the world's on my shoulders but, in actuality keeps me on top of things.

No comments: