Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blog 5

I think I have developed into a more organized writer since taking English 701 last semester. When I finished 701 I felt that I had become a decent writer after that class but was hoping 802 would help me step it up a little bit and take my writing to another level. This class definitely helped. The texts were interesting and I especially enjoyed watching the film Man On Wire. I enjoyed writing essay 2 and essay 3- I'm not really sure why- I think the material just struck me in a way that tapped into my best writing. Essay 4 was difficult because I was completely on my own to do research. I do find myself thinking about cultural symbols a little bit more semiotically than I used to- this class has helped me transform a simple observation into a powerfully written semiotic analysis that will probably help me in the future beyond college.

No comments: