Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blog 5

Throughout this semester I’ve learned and grew a lot as a writer. Before this class I wasn’t very good at writing or comprising a paper. I usually just wrote papers the night before they were due saying whatever popped into my head at the time. Throughout this course I learned to structure and plan out my papers. I never really had a problem doing research. I didn’t enjoy it but I knew how to do it. The library days helped me to use the resources that Temple’s library offers. I’ve used the databases and research tips I learned in a couple other classes this semester as well and will probably continue to use them until I graduate. Editing and grammar have always come easily to me and I kind of enjoy it but the actual writing was never a joy to me and probably never will be. But, I learned my strengths and weaknesses of my writing style and what I need to work to keep improving. I found that I needed to integrate my quotes and illustrate them much more. My first two papers were evidence of this. I took this into consideration while writing my final paper and focused on integrating and illustrating my quotes properly and I believe that it came out much better. Finally, I learned that I needed to connect the points I made throughout my paper. My first papers did not flow and were points that were randomly made.  I also worked and thought about this while writing my final paper. Hopefully, I did a better job connecting all of my points and supporting arguments. Overall I improved my writing skills and the process in which I normally went about writing papers. I learned that revision helps immensely and is probably the best way you could possibly improve your paper.

No comments: