Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blog 5

I learned a great deal in this English course. I remembered the first time we wrote a paper about writing. Just a few months ago, I was writing at a very low level. Now, I've learned how to enhance my writing with varies techniques. I was also never able to cite or have a work cited page. This English course helped me a lot, not only writing but also the way I read and look at things. English 802 requires me to look at things outside the box. I was never able to do that before. I wouldn't even be able to put it into words. My reading improved significantly throughout the semester. Every week we were required to read atleast three articles and i think that helped me improve my readings. I am now more able to read with the right mind set.

Before essay 1, I had much troubles with structures and transitions. After essay 1, there were still major structures and transitions problems in my essays. Up until essay 3, my problems were getting better. Essay 4 was the real challenge. No more conferences so I had to use what I learned. In the end, I was able to revised all my drafts and finish the essay 4 with ease.

English 802 showed me how writings can be written in a more complex sophisticated way. I believe i can move on to my next courses without the worries that I will have troubles with writing. It was well worth it to be in this writing course. I believe that if someone can pass this course, then they will have no trouble writing papers later on.

No comments: