Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blog 5

After completing the course of English 802, I think that my writing skills have significantly improved. By taking this course, I have an opportunity to due with different types of essay. Throughout the semester, the topics of essay that I am dealing with seem to interest me a lot. Unlike the class of English 701, which requires the students to read about gender norm, I find that the reading for English 802 is much more interesting since it dues with popular culture, and other matters that familiar to us. I actually enjoy the third and the last essays when I have to write a paper that talk about hero in society and video games before and now, which are my favorite topics. Overall, I think that this class has improved my skill in reading and writing paper. I am now more capable in writing my thesis statement since I know exactly what I do need to focus on and organize my idea in order to write a good essay. The fact that my first paper turned out to be not as good as I have expected, which I realized it was a good thing. Because being able to realize my mistake when writing a paper at such an early time of the semester allows me to have more time to go through a paper again, find mistakes and improve it. The lesson of the first paper has dramatically affect on the next three papers, which I spent lots more time for researching, looking for ideas, and organizing the ideas before beginning to write an essay. Overall, I think that I have enjoyed this semester, and it is a good experience for me as well as a good opportunity to prepare myself for a higher and more difficult class.

No comments: