Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Course Reflection

I have noticed a big change in my writing since the beginning of the semester. I understand now what is required of me when I write papers and I am far more confident in my writing skills. As far as the animal related course material, a whole new world was opened up to me this semester. I was honestly very interested in the theories in the Animal Ethics Reader, and I was stunned by everything we have recently learned about factory farms. In the AER I was very interested by Peter Singer's and Tom Regan's Essays on Animal ethics. They approach the issue from two one completely different angles. Regan with a theoretical approach and Singer with a practical approach. These two essays taught me how there is always a variety of ways to get your ideas across, and you can use this to your advantage depending on who the essay is targeted towards.

No comments: