Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Course Reflection

The readings regarding animal ethics helped me learn a lot this semester. Talking about factory farming and debating whether animals had ethical issues or not are two things I never considered or thought about. I never mistreated animals, but I didn't think why or why not do it. It just made sense because they are innocent living things. This class made me rethink my own habits of eating though. I knew that animals were killed so that I could eat meat, but the excessiveness of the killing and how it harms the environment puts eating animals into a different light.
In this class, I learned to strengthen my organization and use MLA format. A weakness of mine are utilizing different writing formats, but I think I have mastered in MLA with all the papers that we had to write. I also learned to make sure that "my voice" is included in my paper, intertwined with facts and the author's voice. That is a very important aspect of writing.

No comments: