Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Final blog "grizzly man"

Throughout this semester I have learned many new things about nature. As a class and on my own i have read numorous txts about different topics such as nature coexisting with environment, and nature co existing with animals. The piece that had the biggest impact on me was Werner's documentary called "Grizzly Man". This movie was extremely interesting in many aspects. It was filmed by a man named Timothy treadwell, who if you asked me I think he might have been dropped on his head a few times as a baby. Timothy was an interesting man who had a great love and talent for interacting with grizzly bears. Over a 5 year period he shot hours upon hours of film of grizzlies in their natural habitats. To this day his shots are probably the most indept of all filming of grizzly bears. Timothy risks his life each day he spends their interacting with the animals. He adds " I love them with all my heart. I will protect them. I will die for them, but i will not die at their claws and paws. I will fight. I will be strong. I will be one of them"(1). The documentary grizzly man helped me realized the danger many endangered animals face. There should be more people like Treadwell in the world who in some way want to prevent their extinction.

No comments: