Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On Environment

The most recent project in the class, Grizzly Man, had a major affect on me. Timothy Treadwell is an astonishing person. If you would have told me that a person lived and interacted among bears to study them I would have told you that that person was out of his mind. To me, bears are large creatures that may look “cuddly” but are actually ferocious. However, Treadwell changed my view on nature in that I understand nature’s perspective now. Bears, foxes, and other animals live in ways that are comparable to humans, such as fighting over a female and showing affection. Treadwell showed me that nature should be viewed the same as civilization. Treadwell showed me how negative civilization can be. Throughout the entire class, Timothy Treadwell, from the Werner Herzog documentary Grizzly Man had the largest affect on my view of nature.

No comments: