Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On Grizzly Man

The documentary Grizzly Man by Werner Herzog was very interesting, it is very different from other documentaries I have seen. Timothy Treadwell lived a lifestyle that was very different from others. Treadwell devoted his life to the preservation and protection of grizzly bears. He also educated many people, espcially children about the bears. He lived among the bears for about thirteen summers. While he was there he filmed the bears, and how he sort of interacted with them. In his film he also shows how he not only made friends with the bears but also with other animals like the foxes. I loved how the film used the unedited footage that Treadwell had shot. I feel that it adds to his personality and you get a feeling of how he passionate he was about the bears. I to was amazed how he had lasted long among the bears. His passion lead to his bittersweet end because he ended up getting eaten by a bear. Though many people believe he go what he deserved, I don’t think he did because Treadwell knew what he was getting into and that he might get killed, which ended up happening but that is how he would have wanted to die if anything. I also enjoyed how Herzog had a very different opinion to Treadwell, and I think this one of the things that made this documentary very interesting.

No comments: