Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On Grizzly Man

I have never seen a documentary quite as fascinating as Grizzly Man. The footage captured of these animals in the wild is truly extraordinary, Timothy Treadwell was also and interesting man. I'm still surprised he made it for thirteen summers with the bears. I like that Treadwell's footage was not edited for the documentary, because it really opens the door into his personality. Treadwell loved nature, but most of all he loved the bears. I think he loved them a little bit too much, he often times came arms length up to the bears when he was filming. He always had a way with bears that I believe no one else can acquire. It is very sad that he and his girlfriend were attacked and killed by a bear, but i wasn't completely surprised, because what i think Timothy Treadwell defied the laws of nature. Still, I respect that he was passionate about the animals. Grizzly Man is truly a superb documentary about the life and death of Timothy Treadwell.

No comments: