Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blog 5 Reflection

Looking back on all that I did this semester I can say confidently that I have greatly improved my writing. All those workshops I did with other students really helped me out a lot. The conferences were also a really big help for me. Looking back on some essays that I previously did in high-school and in my first semester in college I really can see an improvement. The feedback from other students and from my teacher really helped me improve. I also greatly improved my skills on gathering information. I used to have a difficult time trying to find the right quotes and info to incorporate into my essays, but because of this class I have gotten better at that since every essay demanded you to find and incorporate quotes and outside info. I have definitely gained more confidence in myself as a writer because of this course. Every assignment really helped me to improve my writing skills. The journals were also a big help for me, they were very interesting and fun to do since the questions they asked were interesting to me and made me want to learn more. I believe the Final essay is what helped me the most; it pushed my writing skills to its limit due to all the information needed to complete the assignment. That was probably one of the toughest essays I wrote since it involved so much gathering of information through outside sources. All in all this class was very fun to me. It really helped me out a lot as a writer and I still am hoping to keep improving my skills as a writer as I move on to other classes. Looking back on all those essays I did for this class I am thankful to have had people help me out and critique my work so that I could push myself harder when I wrote revised essays.

No comments: