Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"thesis proposal"

My first primary text is Scarface (1983) as the pre-1990 text; directed by Brian De Palma and written by Oliver Stone. My second primary text is Departed (2006) as the post-1990 text; directed by Martine Scorsese and written by William Monahan. Both are crime drama genres.

My first outside scholarly source is The Popular Culture Economy by Don Cusic, Journal of Popular Culture; Winter2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p1, 10p, 7 charts. My second outside scholarly source is Popular culture, cultural resistance, and anticonsumption activism: An exploration of culture jamming as critical adult education by Jennifer A. Sandlin, New Directions for Adult & Continuing Education; Fall2007 Issue 115, p73-82, 10p.

My thesis is that movies becoming smarter and more visually appealing from pre-1990 to post-1990 proves that popular culture has progressed technologically over the past 20 years.

No comments: