Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blog 5

After reflecting back on what I have written this semester I feel like I have greatly improved since last semester. I am better at analyzing ideas and examining arguments. My word choice and flow of sentences has gotten better thanks to the significant amount of critiquing I did in every sentence I wrote. I felt as though at times my work was not as organized as it should be. I also did not feel comfortable with certain quotes I chose to place in some of my essays. I worked hard on synthesizing and sophisticating every essay for a high-educated read. The tone I chose while writing an essay pleased me and did not seem too over the top. I avoided trying to use humor in my essay because, in my personal opinion, it makes essays sound cheesy and awkward. I realized that the tough part for me when it comes to writing an essay is starting out. The introduction of any essay I write stresses me out during the process. Once I get the ball rolling, ideas come easier to me, which allows me to elaborate off other ideas that come to mind. I always intended to write as professionally as possible whenever I was given an assignment. I believe I achieved this, to an extent, but there is so much more I can work on. Awkward sentence structuring, for example, will sometimes weaken my essay. This usually happened when the wording made sense in my head, but in fact sounded weird to others. Another aspect of writing I want to work on is being able to explain and elaborate on points as much as I possibly can. Sometimes I felt like my papers were not strong enough when I had nothing more to say about a certain point I was making. Hopefully, as my years through college continue, I will master my flaws of writing to become completely satisfied with any paper I turn in.

No comments: