Monday, December 7, 2009

Enviroment

I think that the essay that caused me to think ciritically about the enviornment would have to be the second essay where i attacked the question "is urban nature an oymoron." For me this essay was the hardest to write. I compared a scholarly article with a poem and the transitions were not easy but I came to the conclusion that urban nature does exist because in cities, the manmade unnatural structures are doing their part to become more natural and energy efficient. I spent alot of time on this essay and I swear it produced the most brainpower ever but it was all worth it. I was interested in both of the things I was talking about and just had to find a link. I had never thought about cities being natural and found out alot about cities that I didn't know. I had no idea that Manhattan was "going green" because to me I thought nature was just green hills and sunny blue skies but this essay caused me to look at nature in a completely different and modern sense. Finalizing this essay was by far the hardest part. There was so much I wnated to say but I didn't know exactly how to put it together and I just did the best I could with the help of my peers and the writing center.

This class I must say was different. I never imagined spending a whole semester talking about nature but I must say it was worth it. The back to back papers honestly made me a stronger writer and I loved getting feedback from my classmates and the one on one time with the professor.

No comments: