Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Enviroment

I really did not think that the term "nature" was so complicated to define. But after reading the essay "The Etiquette of Freedom" by Gary Snyder i started to question what i believed nature was. I would discuss the different views of many people throughout my essays but could not determine what i thought nature was. When i read this essay it started to make sense to me that everything is apart of nature but everything is not wild. He also talked on how people thought that just because things are considered wild that people see it as lacking something such as manner or domestication. I realized over time that everything wild has been looked at as negative by all but it really is not. At the end of the day it is still considered apart of nature and we should accept it. I used this essay in more than one essay because it revealed so much about nature and it helped me to break nature up in different categories and classify it.

No comments: