Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On Grizzly Man

At first I thought that Grizzly Man was going to be a story of a wacked out man that just loves bears and while Timothy Treadwell was different, the story of his life and watching his footage has a much deeper meaning than expected. I have never seen anyone so emotional about nature in my life. Whenever something happened to an animal or to the enviornment, he took it to heart seriously and acted as if the animals were people. It also looked as though he really loved what he did. For instance, in alot of shots he would the same take over and over again until it was what he deemed as perfect. Also the most astonishing thing to me was the fact that he was eventually eaten by the animals that he worshipped. I thought that was the saddest thing of all and can't understand why people say that that was so sacred and "what he wanted" because I think being eaten is one of the saddest ways to die.

No comments: