Monday, October 27, 2008

Why I am NOT a feminist

Feminism:
“1. the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
2. (sometimes initial capital letter ) an organized movement for the attainment of such rights for women.”

First, I would like to state that I am not sexist. I view both men and women equally. That’s one of the reasons why I am not a feminist or ever will be. I feel that both males and females are pretty much viewed as equals now in America. Even though there are some advantages to be a male there are also a lot of advantages to be a female. There are many specific laws set just to protect women. A lot of feminists just end up male bashing with other feminists. Or, they end up blaming women as a whole for not standing up for themselves. They rarely propose a valet strategy to solve many of their issues that they claim to have. A lot of people fail to realize that even though many things seems unfair to women there are also a lot of things that are unfair to men. Therefore I feel that it is pretty much balanced out. And there is not really a need of having an entire group of females calling them feminists and pity on how unfair they have been treated.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/feminism&

No comments: