Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why I am not a Feminist

A feminist is the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/feminist


According to this definition, I am not a feminist. Although I do support the rights of women, I also believe that men are equal as well. If I only stood for the rights of women and not men, I would be a feminist. If I stood for just men and not women, that would make me a male chauvanist. Feminists don't support both the rights of women and men, thats what makes me different from them. In the past, women and men were not seen as equal, but today women have as many opportunities as men. Feminists groups will never die even though both sexes are seen as equal to most, they aren't to others.

No comments: