Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why I'm NOT a feminist.

http://www.feminist.com/resources/artspeech/genwom/whatisfem.htm

Feminism is the feeling that women are treated poorly compared to men. I’m not a feminist because I don’t believe that all women are treated poorly. Of course there are people who have been treated badly but it isn’t only among women. People are treated differently by race and class also. Everyone will experience a time when they were not heard and was not treated as an equal. I don’t think that women are as ’suppressed’ as they make it seem. Along with the idea of equal rights, there are movements that try to get political and social change for women. In today’s society, women have been given more rights in the government and political world. It is the social world that is hard to change. Everyone has different opinion and experiences, so people who are might have had a bad experience with something will be more bias towards it. I believe that most people today are more excepting of women, people of color, etc. I don’t think there is a need for women to still have a movement to try and make a point. The change has already been heard of and seen. All there is to do now is wait for people to realize and accept the change themselves. I think the more women seem unsatisfied and ungrateful, the less the progress of being equal will work.

No comments: