Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Course Reflection"

I would strongly agree that the readings and research have influenced my relationship towards animals. I have never thought much about the respect animals should be granted. However, after reading about inherent value, and the rights of indivduals. It occured that non-human inherent value that is equal to human inherent value. Regan believes that the inherent value an animal possesses is no different than that of a human, and no matter what type of inherent value an individual possesses, they should be treated with respect (Regan 23). This just proves that non-human or human beings should receive respectful treatment because individuals value their own life. Because individuals have equal inherent value, their equal value must be taken into account (Regan 23).

One major writing skill I have gained throughout this course, was to actually understand what I was reading. It taught me to anaylze the text and put it into my own words. This was not always easy for me. However, I feel as though as time went one I did improve. I think this skill will help me in the future with other writing assignments because it forces me to go slowly through the information provided and appreciate the knowledge that is being taught throughout readings.

No comments: