Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Factory Farm Presentation

Today in class when Nick Cooney came to class he stated some interesting facts about farming. One fact that stood out most to me is the simple fact of the treatment with animals such as the gestation cages and veal cages. It was very sad to see how these animals suffer and some do not make it to the slaughter house because they die due to their mistreatment. The fact that these animals are caged in closed spaces makes it harder for them to move around etc. See the graphics behind these farms touched me very much. It makes me just want to help by becoming a vegetarian and helping thousands of animals but at the end I feel like I can not give up meat. If there was something I can honestly do like cut down on eating meat, after watching the presentation I will. The presentation definitely makes me think twice about some things.

No comments: