Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Factory Farm Presentation"

The presentation by Nick Cooney was a real eye opener. A lot of the things that he shared with us I had already had a general idea about. However I never knew that farm animals were not protected under the Animal Cruelty law. It enraged me slightly, because once again big businesses have found a way of getting their way and ensuring that their pockets stay fat. The idea that they prefer to mistreat and exploit another living being for the sake of a quick dollars makes me so annoyed. The American economic system has really taken a change for the worse, where quality and a conscience has no place, and that is unjust. The fact that states have found their loop wholes, and can put out an advertisement such as the "California happy cow" and still practice these borderline barbaric manufacturing techniques, really make you rethink what they stand for. No my disgust does not mean a radical change, however it does mean that I will make it a priority to find out where my animal products are coming from, as well as pass on the education, and help to enforce regulation against cruelty towards farm animals.

No comments: