Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Factory Farm Presentation

Today during Nick Cooney's presentation his methods and approach to educating the class surprised me. He presented us with pictures and statistics we have all seen before and if the shock value is not effective the first time it will not be effective the second. This method may be sufficient for different groups or demographics but for educated college students I feel the class craved more. I understand I don't enjoy looking at the pictures in the presentation but what else?I know there are much more complex issues and more effective arguments against factory farming than the ones presented today. In contrast I feel the environmental portion of the presentation created context and proved effective but was brief in comparison to the earlier portion.

No comments: