Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Course Reflection

Reading the Animal Ethics Reader has introduced many ideas and issues to me that I didn't know existed. Do animals have moral value? and if so how much? and how can you measure their moral value? are all questions that were introduced to me in the earlier part of the course. These are questions that have never really invaded my realm of thought. Also, I didn't know that the discussion of animals went into so much depth prior to this course.
I knew that the meat industry was brutal to animals, however, I did not know that it had a significant impact on the environment. From reading Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer I was able to learn how the meat industry affects the environment. I was never even introduced to the term factory farming or the difference between factory farming and traditional family farming prior to this course.
My writing skills have improved while taking this course. I have become better with incorporating the words of others into my writing in a more sophisticated manner. Also I have become better with writing using MLA format.

No comments: